Reagent for the protection with the Fmoc group. Most efficient reagent for the selective preparation of N-(9-fluorenylmethoxycarbonyl) derivatives of hydroxy-amino acids in high yield.1,2 Dipeptide formation is lower than with the chloroformate, Fmoc-Cl.3 Employed in the synthesis of glycopeptides and large-scale syntheses of Fmoc-protected non-proteogenic amino acids.4 Lately contaminants Fmoc-b-Ala-OH and Fmoc-b-Ala-AA-OH were found in commercial Fmoc amino acids prepared with Fmoc-Osu.5
1. Org. Prep. Proced. Int. 1998, 30, 183.
2. Bull. Korean Chem. Soc. 2005, 26, 175.
3. Pept. Sci. 2007, 88, 733.
4. Org. Proc. Res. Dev. 2001, 5, 44.
5. J. Pept. Sci. 2008, 14, 763.